Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Wednesday 2 November 2016

Wicked little Secrets - Susanna Ives











Blurb: 

It's Not Easy Being Good...

Vivacious Vivienne Taylor has finally won her family's approval by getting engaged to the wealthy and upright John Vandergrift. But when threatened by a vicious blackmail scheme, it is to her childhood friend that Vivienne turns; the deliciously wicked Viscount Dashiell.

When Being Wicked is so Much More Exciting...

Lord Dashiell promised himself long ago that his friendship with Vivienne would be the one relationship with a woman that he wouldn't ruin. He agrees to help her just to keep the little hothead safe, but soon finds that Vivienne has grown up to be very, very dangerous to all of Dash's best intentions.

 

This book made me laugh so hard... I read it in the evening when the kids were already in bed and the next morning my daughter told me that she couldn't sleep because I was laughing so much and it was too loud.
I can't even say what I enjoyed more, the story with its many twists and turns or the adorable and original characters or if it was just the whole packet of story, characers and a wonderful wit and dry humor that kept me up till late at night and let me finish the book first thing in the morning when I opened my eyes, reading the last pages while having breakfast.

Well, it wasn't all fun and roses though, there were times when I couldn't read because of those stupid tears and of course there was also the occasional furious outburst and some eye-rolling when someone (especially the male parts always seem to be prone to stupid actions, don't they?) acts in an extremely stupid way or well, don't forget about those vicious people who make rakes and ordinary thieves look like saints...

As it is usual in the books by Susanna Ives, it's not just the hero and the heroine that are special but also the side characters are remarkable and well developed.
Another book by a wonderful author and definitely a book that I can recommend wholeheartedly.
After having read (and loved) "How to impress a Marquess", I just had to read more by Susanna Ives and well, I was happy to see that there're still some books by her left to explore - I'm so looking forward to it!

★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).