Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Thursday 10 August 2017

Love Heals All by Alison Mello



 








Blurb: 

I’m not the same man I once was.
The things I’ve seen, the things I’ve done, haunt me every day…and every night. It never leaves, always scratching and clawing at the surface of my mind, driving me insane.
When I close my eyes, the images are there. I can’t forget the pain, the fear. I don’t think anyone could.
And then there’s Brooke, the girl I left behind years ago because of my deployment. But I’m back now, and she’s still the woman I want. The connection we shared in the past is still there, as if I had never left.
The only problem is I need to find a way to heal and get rid of the demons I carry around inside, and I need to do it before it destroys me.
Before it destroys her.

 

Phew, that book wasn't easy to rate. Even though there were times when I sat there sobbing and using a bunch of tissues, there were other times when I easily could put the book aside. At the beginning, I thought I'd never really get into it because it felt a bit..off..is the best way to describe it, I think.

Maybe it was due to the fact that it is a first-person narration set in the present tense but I've read other books by Alison Mello and didn't feel that way at all. Somehow I felt as if I was witnessing people on stage. The words were right but somehow the tone was a bit distant and I couldn't really feel for the characters, no matter what happened.

And then there were the times when I just sat there with those aforementioned tissues and cared a lot, obviously.... That's why I finally ended up rating it with four stars, a bit weak but nevertheless four stars because, in the end, the story got me despite my initial problems with the tone.

Those of you who have loved "Embracing love", the first book in the series, will be thrilled to hear that you will meet Remy and Kenzie again.
All in all, I'm really looking forward to the next book in this series and I'll love to meet Vaughn and Brooke and Remy and Kenzie again and see how they fare.






★★
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).