Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Friday 1 September 2017

Aim: A Circle of Justice Novel (Circle of Justice #3) by L.P. Dover

  








Blurb:

 *~* STANDALONE NOVEL *~*

When someone asks what I do for a living, I answer it plain and simple . . . I’m a hunter. I hunt the dregs of society and I’m very damn good at it.

I’m Ian Chandler, FBI agent and a member of the Circle of Justice, an organization of justice seeking vigilantes. My mission is to solve a string of ‘accidental’ hiking deaths occurring around my Wyoming town. When Grace Myers –a woman who’s been missing for days –shows up on my land, it turns out she’s the key to it all. Someone is hunting her, and I make it my duty to keep her safe.

However, the deeper I get into the case, the more dangerous it becomes; especially, now that I’ve fallen for the woman I have to protect. If hunting is the game, I won’t fail. I always hit my mark.

 

Yep, I really, really liked this book. Okay, I must admit that the story itself really gave me goosebumps but I was so proud when Grace shows just how strong and amazing she is, when she fights to get free and finds her way to Ian's place after having been missing for days.

You can feel the chemistry between Ian and Grace and I loved how much they respected each other and what they did, how they acted and that, even though he himself is a real badass, Ian can accept that Grace is not just a damsel in distress who has to be rescued all the time but that she is pretty tough herself. They respect each other, they help each other when necessary and, well, they fall for each other. Alright, Ian was much taken with her even before everything went down so it didn't take much, actually, to fall for her when they have to work together and have to rely on each other.

I liked both, our hero and our heroine a lot. Our tough, sharp-shooting hero Ian Chandler, who is not just an ordinary FBI agent but a member of a secret group and our equally tough, very lovable and competent heroine Grace Myers are both great characters and together, well, I think they are perfect together.

The story was thrilling and captivating and even when I knew what it was about and what they were dealing with, it kept me on my toes and kept me reading.
"Aim" wasn't my first book by L.P.Dover as I've read several other books by her already and it definitely won't be my last. I'm really looking forward to the next book in this series!

★★

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).