Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Monday 25 September 2017

Reckless Hearts (Reckless Hearts #1) by Heather Van Fleet (










Blurb:

Between boot camp and two TOD’s in Iraq, my buddies Max, Gavin and me have been through some serious hell. So the last thing I ever expected was to find the biggest challenge of my life back home.

My girlfriend died. I couldn’t even attend her funeral, let alone tell her goodbye or that I’m sorry I wasn’t there like I should’ve been.

But she left me a gift. The best and scariest one I could’ve ever asked for. One I didn’t think I could handle…until the day I saw her tiny blues looking up at me in that airport. Chloe.

Now here I am, raising my baby girl—with the help of my two best friends. Things couldn’t be better. Until she walked into my life.

All I wanted was a nanny. Someone to take care of my girl when I couldn’t. What I didn’t count on was Addison, the brown-eyed temptress with a body of sin, and everything I didn’t need, but suddenly wanted.



Seriously? I loved this book! It is funny and heart-warming, sweet and frustrating and those characters? Well, they are simply amazing!

This was one of those books that I read and very soon reread because I loved those people and their stories. I mean, how could one not fall for Collin and his sweet daughter? And Addison? She is a very complex and very strong character as well but you still feel that you have to protect her. Her family? Wow. What a bunch of ... ooops. At least, Collin, has a nice family to make up for her bad one but most of all, he has those two amazing friends and roommates who watch out for him and who help him care for his daughter - pink Rugby jerseys included.

Following Addi's and Collin's story, I fell in love with the whole lot of them and I am so looking forward to the next books in this series. I just have to know more about Gavin and, well, then there is Max and his obvious, uhm...let's call it a ...problem with Lia, Collin's sister. And of course there's also McKenna, I'd like to know a bit more about her and I'd love to see her fall in love again. But perhaps, well, it might be a bit better or even safer, if she wouldn't try for romance or romantic surprises, as those have a tendency to become a bit dangerous at least when she plans them....

To cut a long story short - I really loved reading this book and can definitely recommend it.

 ★★★★★


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).