Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Wednesday 18 October 2017

You wanted to know more... #SMPUnwrapped



...about these books and their authors?







This book is a sweet and charming Christmas read, where the matchmaker may have met her match and the doubters or rather "the cynics" may fall hard. Very hard. So maybe the wrong woman is exactly the right one? The Forever-one?
Coming to Charleston as a favor to his aunt who has raised him wasn't supposed to turn out as such a turning point in his life but somehow Cupid works his magic and Deacon Banks must realize that there is more to life than working and a revolving bed. But it might not be that easy for the leopard to change his spots...
On the whole, I really enjoyed reading this book with its southern charm and its quirky and sweet characters but it felt a bit drawn out. Things happened and I was smiling and thinking that this was it and now...and off. Another rejection, another "this is not professional, we can't..." and we were back to square, well, maybe not one but two or three at least. That was a bit too much and a bit frustrating but nevertheless it is a book that I enjoyed reading and that I will definitely read again.





Q&A with Kieran Kramer:

When do the holidays officially start for you?
Thanksgiving Day, as soon as I turn on the TV to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade! Can't miss the Rockettes segment, ever!
What's your favorite thing about the holidays?
Inhaling the delicious scent of the Christmas tree, seeing the twinkling lights, hanging out with the family and our friends.
Are there any holiday traditions you do every year without fail?
I always make frosted sugar cookies, and I always try to watch as many Christmas movies as I can. I also try to go to the Holiday Boat Parade in Charleston harbor!
What's your favorite holiday movie?
It's a Wonderful Life; I never get tired of it!
Do you have a favorite holiday book?
Definitely How the Grinch Stole Christmas....
What's your all-time favorite holiday song?
Away in the Manger sung by Julie Andrews--the UK version of the melody
What's your favorite activity during fall or winter?
baking bread, using my crockpot, reading cozy books, buying myself winter clothes, going to parties, eating holiday cookies
What's your favorite gift you've ever received or given?
My favorite gift is having my family all together in one place. Nothing matters more. Sometimes we can't all be together, so I cherish the Christmases that we can celebrate under one roof.
Do you have any items on your wish list this year?
Yes, having my own little family together again--the last two years some of us have been overseas. But if I have to mention something from the store, I'd love to have some canvases and paint and painting lessons!
Any resolutions or goals for next year?
Yes, to slow down and get centered, to really look around each day and marvel at this beautiful world filled with people who all want to love and be loved. I refuse to let the haters in. Oh, and I have to keep dancing to my Alexa, haha!!

***



I loved this book and this sweet story about the (second) chances in life. 

When Mina lost her beloved husband to a drunken driver, she didn't plan to ever fall in love again. Life had other ideas and with Christmas around and Will, who has been carrying a torch for her ever since he saw her, five years ago, things might change, especially when Will comes to her help in the middle of the night when she has an accident. Fighting this attraction might not help and somehow, this kind of mess might just be the absolutely right kind of mess.
Both of them have to overcome their fears and as hard as that might be, it might be even harder to let the other one go. 

I liked the way things developed between the two and I loved the convincing and likable characters and the way they interact. It was a rather slow but steady read, unhurried but and even when I was getting a bit worried, it did never occur to me that things might not turn out well, I just worried that people might get hurt even more in the process.
This is a book for cozy hours with a cup of tea and your most comfortable armchair, preferably in front of a firplace - or anywhere else.



Q&A with Emma Douglas:

When do the holidays official start for you?
After my mom's birthday which is early December!
What's your favorite thing about the holidays?
Getting together with my family and friends and just having a good time with the people I love.
Are there any holiday traditions you do every year without fail?
Making the plum pudding with my mum and watching Carols by Candlelight which is broadcast on TV here in Oz on Christmas Eve.
What's your favorite holiday movie?
Die Hard
Do you have a favorite holiday book?
The Father Christmas Letters by J.R.R Tolkien. Gorgeous illustrations and funny! They're letters he wrote to his kids (as Father Christmas) each year, telling the stories of what had been happening at the North Pole that year.
What's your all-time favorite holiday song?
O Holy Night because I love the melody.
What's your favorite activity during fall or winter?
I do Christmas in summer here in Oz so that makes it swimming or otherwise avoiding the heat. But in winter I have a weird liking for walking in the cold, as long as I can thaw out with a good book afterward.
What's your favorite gift you've ever received or given?
Both my current cats I gave myself for Christmas but that probably doesn't count. I got a membership to the local zoo which was fun as I like to wander around there. Other than that, like a true bookworm, every year I love getting books.
Do you have any items on your wish list this year?
Nothing big but I'm sure I'll come up with a list of books and art supplies that would be great to get.
Any resolutions or goals for next year?
Both to write more and to have more time for non-writing things. Maybe I need a clone for Christmas?


*****
***
*



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).