Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Tuesday 28 February 2017

If the Duke demands - Anna Harrington




Out today!









Blurb: 

A LESSON IN SEDUCTION . . .

Miranda Hodgkins has only ever wanted one thing: to marry Robert Carlisle. And she simply can't wait a moment longer. During the Carlisle family masquerade ball, Miranda boldly sneaks into his bedchamber with seduction on her mind. Soon she's swept into rock-hard arms for the most breathtaking kiss of her life. But when the masks come off, she's horrified to find herself face-to-face with Sebastian, the Duke of Trent-Robert's formidable older brother.

Shocked to find Miranda in his bed, Sebastian quickly offers her a deal to avoid scandal: He'll help her win his brother's heart if she'll find him the perfect wife. But what begins as a simple negotiation soon spirals out of control. For the longer this reformed rake tries to make a match for Miranda, the more he wants to keep her all to himself.



I should be used to (historical romance) heroes being careless and somewhat a*holish, right? I've read so many historical romances and still some things make me furious. Soooo.....even though I really liked this book and I absolutely loved Miranda Rose and I even liked Sebastian (sometimes), I could have kicked and yelled at our beloved hero - a lot. After having dried my tears, of course.

Actually, I guess it is not terribly bad that I reacted that way as it shows that the book didn't leave me unmoved. Quite the opposite, truth be told.
The story itself was sweet, in some parts a bit far-fetched but it was the same for How I married a Marquess, the first book by Anna Harrington that I've read. I fell in love with the Carlisles and Anna Harrington's books there and If the Duke demands confirms this feeling. I really love those wonderful, well developed, warm characters, their enthusiasm and their love for life and those around them.
I also loved the story with its twists and turns - and I'll never be able to read Hamlet again without missing those pirates. You know - every good story needs at least some scene with pirates in it, doesn't it?

A nice and fun read, with some tears and some ranting to boot , I really enjoyed reading this book and look forward to other stories about the Carlisles and their world.


★★★★





No comments:

Post a Comment

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).