Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Sunday 15 December 2019

The Howl (By Kiss and Claw Book 1) by Melissa Haag





Synopsis:
 
Most parents want their kids to grow up to be something respectable like a doctor or lawyer. My mom wants me to become a man-eating ho. I, Eliana Barchim, vow to never follow my mother’s footsteps.

Eliana’s determination to never be the succubus her mother wants to be starts to falter when her mother unexpectedly interferes. It doesn’t help that a local shifter with a cute dimple is trying to help cheer Eliana up when her best and only friend leaves town. With her control slipping, Eliana resorts to something distract to get rid of her mom.

Eliana’s fear of ruining the one person she can trust to stand by her side might be the thing that brings her carefully composed control to its knees. Nothing can withstand a starving succubus’s hunger.



I love all of Melissa Haag's books though her Fury series is my favorite to date. Well, I should say - it was my favorite. At the moment it is a toss-up between Megan and Eliana's story. Howl is simply amazing and an absolute pleasure to read!

I fell in love with sweet tackle hugging Eliana, our sweet little succubus who doesn't want to act like a true succubus for fear of hurting her victims, right from the start in the Fates and Furies books and reading her own story now in The Howl - sigh- I love it. This book is once again keeping me on my toes with so much happening left and right, with so many awesome characters and an amazing story to boot. The whole time I didn't know whether I was rather upset with all those meddling well-meaning (Are they? All of them?) grown-ups and the way they try to run (and ruin) Eliana's life. I would have loved to hug her and I was furious and sad and seriously, I wanted so much to kick soneone's behind - yep. As I said, this book kept me on my toes.

Fenris, the werewolf,  was always there, having Eliana's back and trying to help her and to support her and I loved to see that they slowly, very slowly found their way to each other. Okay, it is very slowly, so don't expect too much from these two in this book yet but I'm sure that their time will come, all signs are there!
The minor characters though, well, those are not as shy as our main characters ... Don't get me started on Eliana's mother but there's also Piepen... Piepen is hilarious, shameless and all in all a great addition - at least on paper and safely hidden in this book. I'm pretty sure that he'd drive me crazy if I'd have to deal with him in person in real life!

Amazing characters, a great story and a wonderful start to a new series - I can't wait to read the next book!


♥♥♥♥♥




No comments:

Post a Comment

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).