Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Tuesday 26 May 2020

Pawn (Fae Games Book 1) by Karen Lynch is FINALLLY HERE!




PAWN IS HERE!

Pawn, the first book in Karen Lynch's new Fae Games series is finally here - and it is absolutely AMAZING!



BLURB

Jesse James is a normal eighteen-year-old, even if her parents are the best faerie bounty hunters in New York. Jesse’s only concern is how to pay for college, but that changes the night her parents disappear.

Equipped with her parents’ weapons and her own smarts, Jesse enters the dangerous world of bounty hunting in search of her mother and father. In her quest, she encounters all manner of Fae, but the scariest is Lukas, the mysterious, imposing faerie who offers to help her find her parents.

But there are powerful forces at work, and Jesse is about to become a player in a dangerous game that could decide the fate of everyone she loves. In this world of magic and deception, it’s hard to tell her allies from her enemies in the race to find her parents before their time runs out.



REVIEW

WOW! Absolutely WOW!
Where to start to describe this incredible book...
I loved this book so much that the moment I finished it, I started again because I couldn't let them go. Jesse and her friends (and foes) captured my heart right from the start and the more I read, the deeper I fell for them.

Once again, Karen Lynch created an amazing, complex, and intriguing world with absolutely fascinating and authentic characters that made me long to meet them in real life. The story itself was imaginative, fast-paced, and kept me on my toes and my imagination working overtime.

Jesse, our main character has to grow up quickly when her parents disappear and she is the only one who can help them. Fortunately, she has been prepared for this job all her life but she never thought that she'd have to work and figure things out on her own.
Okay, she is not completely on her own. Don't forget about Violet, her wonderful friend who always adds some levity and fun to the story, while being absolutely supportive and strong or Jesse's little brother, Finch, who is so adorable and lovable and, of course, there are also Lukas and those with him.

I fell in love with all the wonderful creatures that we meet in this book. I loved Jesse's interactions with those around her and how much she cares for each and every creature and man, no matter how big or how small they are - okay, maybe not exactly ALL creatures but she doesn't tolerate injustice of any kind.

As usual, the writing is flawless and flows effortlessly while drawing you in right from the first page until the last. I must admit that at the beginning, I was a bit worried because, let's fa


ce it - since I first read Relentless in October 2014, this series has been my favorite and I can't count the times anymore that I read and reread these books. And now, a new series....welllllll...... And I simply loved it. So much. It's completely different, it's a whole world and story of its own and it is absolutely amazing.

And yes, I've already read it four times and I can't wait to listen to it and to hold the paperback in hand. That's how good this book is. Did I mention that I can't wait till the next book is out?!?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).