Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Wednesday 15 February 2017

Goddess (Runes #7) by Ednah Walters




“Is that your way of telling the entire hall we are together?”“Eating lunch together does that. Kissing you does that. Carrying you is my way of keeping you close to my heart.”

Sigh, I just love this book! 

~*~

Finally, finally Goddess is here!




Blurb: 

The conclusion of an epic love story between an extraordinary girl and a soul reaper.

Cora Jemison has come a long way from her stint in a psych ward and her fear of the dead. A confident Medium, she allows souls to possess her to help them find closure. When she decides to tell her parents the truth, that she still sees the dead and that her fiancé is a soul reaper, the Jemisons reveal secrets of their own.

Her world starts to crumble, the ripple effect threatening to destroy the one thing she can always count on. Her relationship with Echo. Cora must sort through the lies to learn the truth about who and what she is. Only then can she embrace her destiny and claim her soul mate, Echo.

Did I mention that I love this book? I do, seriously! Apart from the fact, that  I've followed Cora, Echo and their friends for a long time now and just love to see them find their way as a couple and for Cora to find her place in their world, I was once again amazed because those books just seem to get better and better!

Ever since the first book in this series, Runes, I felt that the stories became even more complex and even more intense. I thought that Gods was simply amazing and  Goddess once again is at least as wonderful, complex and intense as Gods, maybe even a teeny tiny bit more and I just love it. 

Alright, I must admit that I'm definitely a bit biased because - it's Echo, right? You just have to love Echo! Or you might hate him, right. That's also a possibility because, let's face it - he is not an easy guy to love.  On the other hand, well, he might just be irresistible! 
And Cora? Cora is also an amazing character who tries to find her way in a world where everything she thought was true, turns out to be a lie. Add her being a medium for souls who seek closure and, well, I guess that it's not hard to imagine why she might be a bit ...upset. Mildly speaking. 

I love how all those stories in the Runes-Series are linked with each other and I love to see those wonderful characters grow and develop, it is really amazing to see how much more complex they become, making them even more special and more alive.

When you love a series and care for those characters, (I know that they are fictional but a true book lover never is disturbed by such minor facts, we can love them nontheless! Right?), there is always this little bit of fear that the next book in the series might not live up to your dreams of it. There is no danger of that here - Gooddess is simply amazing and Ednah Walters has outdone herself once again! 
I'm looking forward once again to her next books and I'm pretty sure that I'll love each and every one of those was well!


★★★★★




No comments:

Post a Comment

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).