Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Thursday 20 December 2018

Luna and the Lie by Mariana Zapata









Blurb:

The problem with secrets is that they’re too easy to keep collecting.

Luna Allen has done some things she would rather no one ever know about. She also knows that, if she could go back in time, she wouldn’t change a single thing.

With three sisters she loves, a job she (mostly) adores, and a family built up of friends she’s made over the years, Luna figures everything has worked out the way it was supposed to.

But when one of those secrets involves the man who signs her paycheck, she can’t find it in her to regret it. Despite the fact that he’s not the friendliest man in the world. Or the most patient.

Sometimes there are things you’re better off keeping to yourself.



Oh my...this book was so amazing! I've read most of Mariana Zapata's books up to now and I loved almost all of them. When the cover of "Luna and the Lie" was out, I was intrigued. When the first chapter of it was released, I was hooked. When the book was finally, FINALLY out, I started reading and didn't stop till I was done.

I won't mention the number of handkerchiefs needed (Don't forget to restock before you start reading!) and I won't talk about the tears and the fits of rage - and the swooning and the giggling and the sighs either. I want to talk about the wonderful story and the fantastic, rugged, authentic, flawed and amazing characters though.

This book is not for the faint of heart, things get dirty, things get rough but Luna is like a ray of sunshine, no matter how much she struggles, no matter what she does and how hard things are, there is always some light around her. I love her little quirks, her choice to be happy and the way she tries to be there for those around her.

Ripley, well, Ripley is the prototype of rugged and flawed and more often than not, he made me furious and he made me roll my eyes - and I loved to see how much he cared for Luna, despite the age gap and his past making him wary to act upon his feelings. Finding that Luna herself is no stranger to the darker sides of life and society and the brutality that goes along with it is eye-opening and makes him dare open up to her.
Okay, romance and Ripley might both start with an r but, well, otherwise those two don't have much in common. His particular brand of courtship is unlike most others and not always easy to spot - putting it mildly.

Those two plus a bodyshop full of great people and amazing cars, a wonderful story and lots of slow-burning romance - I really loved this book. Now, I can't wait to re-read it - and I'm really looking forward to the audiobook as well.

Sure, the whole concept is not new, especially in Mariana Zapata's books and I wish that there were fewer typos, grammar issues and such but I loved the way this tale was spun and I loved Luna and Ripley.
 ★★★★★



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).