Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Tuesday 15 January 2019

Packaged Husband Trophy Husbands: Book 3 by Noelle Adams







 Packaged Husband by Noelle Adams

Blurb:

On a Wednesday afternoon, Owen Masterson asks me to marry him.
I've never met the man before.
All I wanted was a job repackaging his image. He needs to ramp up his cool-factor to attract partnerships with better designers for his family's department store. But he wants me to be his temporary trophy wife instead.

I need to get out from under my grandfather's control and don't really care how I do it. Honestly, I'll rock the hell out of being a temporary trophy wife.
So maybe I'll marry him for a year, even though he has no social skills and he's a lot older than me. But I'm not going to fall for him.
I hope.

Okay, it was kind of very foreseeable but despite that, I really liked this story. It is nice and entertaining and despite the fact that I expected many of those twists and turns, I was captivated and kept reading.
The last of the three Greyson sisters meets her match - or at least her temporary match that might or might not morph into something deeper and lasting.

Well, I must admit that I still have a hard time to understand how exactly you become independent and learn to stand on your own two feet if you marry a man who will pay and do everything for you, especially if you want to get out from under your grandfather's thumb who - surprise, surprise, holds all the strings and tries to rule your life. It sounds a bit like a bushfire where you light a counter fire in order to get rid of the fire (or something like that) but what do I know and at least for Chelsea, our heroine, it seems to work.
This book was funny and sweet and deals with growing up, becoming independent and living your own life. Not an easy thing, no matter what your circumstances but Chelsea masters it with charm and a capable mind and also some heartbreak along the line. With Owen at her side, things could be great but....well, it's not as easy as it looks, to be fake-married, right?

★★★★



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).