Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Saturday 2 March 2019

Mystery Man (Dream Man #1) by Kristen Ashley




  Mystery Man  by Kristen Ashley

 

Blurb:

Night time is the right time...

Gwendolyn Kidd has met the man of her dreams. He's hot, he's sexy, and what started as a no-names-exchanged night of passion has blossomed into a year and a half-long pleasure fest. Sure, it's a little strange that he only appears in her bed at night, but Gwen is so sure he's the one, she just can't turn him away...

Hawk Delgado knows more about Gwen than she could ever imagine. She's gorgeous, headstrong, and skittish about relationships. But Hawk is facing his own demons, demons that keep him from connecting with anyone. Yet when Gwen is drawn into Denver's lethal underground scene, Hawk's protective nature comes out full force. The problem is, when Gwen gets a dose of Hawk's Alpha attitude in the daylight, she's not so sure he's the one anymore....



Ooookay, where to start?


First - I absolutely loved this book even though for I don't know how long, I could rant and rage and be upset by our cute little heroine's behavior. I mean, seriously?!? How can one cute, intelligent and charming woman be so clueless and stumble from neone tough guy to the other? Oh, don't worry, no cheating or whatever is involved but... And don't get me started on this tough and overbearing and overprotective guy who just takes over and tells her what to do and where and how and... yup. That's the kind of guy he is. And as much as I love him as a character, I really would have loved to kick him sometimes to tell him to just bug off and leave her alone.

Don't misunderstand me - I loved this book and have read it two times in a row now, grinning and smiling goofily most of the time even the second time around but some things really gave me the creeps. Kristen Ashley loves her overbearing heroes so I should be used to it by now as this is the fourth book by her that I've read but...it still drives me crazy. I loved that cute little Gwen tried to push him back but I hated that she was such a pushover in general when it came to all those guys. But, well, give me one of Gwen's and I'll forgive her everything. And knowing that the moment things get rough she just does what she needs to do without thinking and despite being afraid - yup, she is amazing. And Hawk may not be the only one who sees her....

A fast-paced and action-loaded story that kept me on my toes, amazing, interesting and very lovable characters - my kind of book! I loved it and can't wait for the other books in the Dream Man series. Mystery Man is the first book in this series, Law Man was the third though each can be read as a stand-alone but it's definitely more fun if you know the others as well - and you'll read them anyway so just give in and try to read them in order.

I must admit that I want these books in print (even though I bought Mystery Man as an ebook) just because I like the covers of the print books much better than those of the ebooks.

★★★★★



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).