Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Saturday 16 February 2019

Law Man (Dream Man #3) by Kristen Ashley












Blurb:

 Love is just around the corner . . . Sweet, shy Mara Hanover is in love with her neighbor. For four years, she has secretly watched her dream man from afar. Handsome police detective Mitch Lawson is way out of her league. She's a girl from the wrong side of the tracks, and there's no way a guy like Mitch would want anything to do with her. But when Mara has a leaky faucet that she can't fix, it's Mitch who comes to her rescue.

Mitch has been eyeing his beautiful neighbor for a long time. He jumps at the chance to help her, and soon their formerly platonic relationship gets very hot and heavy. But when Mara gets a disturbing phone call from her cousin's kids, she gets pulled back into the life she's tried so hard to leave behind. Can the hot law man convince Mara to let go of her past-and build a future with him?



Oh my...where do I start.... I absolutely loved this book! Sure, half of the time I was annoyed because inscurances and such, he had to bully his way into her life (and I am truly grateful for it because it made for such a wonderful, sweet and...did I mention wonderful?...story) to even have a remote chance of getting her to understand how he felt about her. Okay, I must admit, most of Kristen Ashley's heroes are overly bossy and I'm not happy that they bully their women into loving them but somehow it always makes sense and I have to forgive them.

Mara being Mara though, sweet, tough, gentle, shy and fierce Mara, it takes some time for her to understand the depth of Mitch's feelings and his commitment. I loved how Mara cared for her cousin's kids and the lengths she was willing to go for them and I also loved Mitch and the matter-of-fact way he accepted her change of circumstances and was there for her no matter what happened.
Mitch and his friends are amazing that way. No, not all of his friends are exactly the most upstanding citizens but they are friends and allies that you can count on when things get rough. And things get rough, ohhhh yesss.... I mean, first we have to start "Operation Take the Trash out" and then things get really, really bad... The only silver lining on the horizon is the fact that all those things rather push Mara and Mitch closer together, oh, well, Mitch doesn't exactly allow Mara to push him away, but - details.

I fell for those kids from the start. Billy and Billie getting a chance at happiness and Mitch being there, helping Mara to make it happen? Absolutely amazing. Sure, Bill was an ...idiot...but I also felt sorry for him because he failed his kids despite everything he dreamed of when he himself was a kid and despite the fact that he wanted to do better.
Oh, the girls, all those cosmo drinking women who may be able (or not) to walk on their own even after a nice evening in LBDs with a bunch of cosmos? They are fun and loyal and I love them almost as much as Mitch's male friends.

I laughed a lot while reading this book but I also sobbed and choked a lot - well, Bud and Mitch know what it's like with women and sentimentality (OH MY ....this epilogue!!!! Sniff...!) and women and their moments but I loved this book and went straight back online to find out more about the other books in the Dream Man series.

I got hooked when reading The Hookup (yep, pun intended...) but since I've read that one, I've also read The Gamble and Lady Luck and loved both of them. I can't wait to read the other books in both series!
And right now, I have to find a good recipe for Mara's famous barbeque chicken pizza because that pizza is "the shit", as Mitch would put it. Oh, right, if you mind strong language, you might not feel comfortable with Kristen Ashley's books (especially Lady Luck) because the Characters use strong language. if you don't mind - go ahead, you'll love these books!
of Mitch's bossy way of treating Mara but, well, I mean, I got it. Being in love for ages and her being too shy and dealing with some heavy

★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).