Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Friday 9 August 2019

The Best Thing by Mariana Zapata #TheBestThing






This is Lenny's story...and it will also be the story of Grandpa Gus, 
who we also met in Luna and the Lie - curious? Read it!


Synopsis:
Some things are easily forgiven. Other things… not so much.                            

Lenny DeMaio made herself a promise: she was done.
Done thinking about him.
Done worrying about him.
Done reaching out to a man who clearly didn’t want to be found.

Too bad no one gave Jonah Collins the memo.



Oh my god... I loved this book! I got it yesterday evening and finished it sometime this afternoon. Now I am tired, happy, devastated because this great book is over, out of handkerchiefs - and I'm still sniffling and grinning and I am happy because of this bittersweet ending that made me love all those fabulous people even more.

If you read and loved Luna...you will also love this book but you will find that it is very different. I mean, sure, Luna had to fight for her love and is also a total badass so that's the same but still, the whole vibe is completely different. A bit laid back, less drama, more about the interaction between our hero and our heroine than about the actions of those around them.

I also loved that we get a glimpse at their future together, and not just theirs but also the future of some others that are equally dear to me. 


Whereas Luna was set in the world of cars and body shops, The Best Thing is set in the world of sports, mostly MMA but others as well.
Lenny's life was turned upside down almost two years ago and nothing has been the same since then. Oh, don't worry, things turned out really well but still...it would have been nice if Jonah had been there when she needed him, right? I mean...just saying. But he wasn't. And even though he really blew all his chances ages ago, now he is here. And now he wants this one last chance...

This book made me laugh so much and it made me cry and...you know this feeling when you suddenly realize that your mouth feels stiff because you've been grinning so hard for so long now? Right. That's what happened to me. The pages couldn't turn fast enough, I flew through them and I loved every single one. If you haven't read Luna and the Lie, it's no problem even though this book relates to her every now and then because Luna is and will always be Lenny's best friend but both books are standalones and can be read as such.

An amazing book - and now I am waiting anxiously for the audiobook to be released, and in the meantime, I'll just read it again! And again. And...


 ★★★★★





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).