Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Tuesday 1 October 2019

Release Blast - Mr. Mayfair by Louise Bay #MrMayfair



Mr. Mayfair by Louise Bay


 
It should be the most shocking news I’d ever gotten—My boyfriend is getting married.



Okay, technically he’s my ex-boyfriend. Two months ago he decided he wanted a break. I still thought he was my happily ever after.



On any other day, knowing he was gone for good would be the worst thing that could possibly happen.



But not today.



Because not only is my boyfriend getting married—his bride is my best friend.



And they’ve sent me an invitation.



There’s no way I’m going to attend. I don’t care if it’s in beautiful Scotland.



Nothing and no one could convince me.



Not even when a deliciously handsome stranger tells me he needs to go as my plus one.



Not even when he shoots me a wickedly, sexy smile.



But then he offers me the opportunity of a lifetime—a dream come true. How can I say no?



But I have one condition. He has to be my new boyfriend. I mean, my pretend new boyfriend.



I'm about to find out that faking it can be a whole lot of fun.



This. Book. Is. Amazing!
You know these books that keep you turning page after page way after bedtime? And when you finally lie down, you realize that your cheeks actually hurt because you've been smiling so hard all that time? Right. Mr. Amyfair was one of those books for me. Literally.

I love almost all the books by Louise Bay but this one is definitely my favorite book of hers at the moment. I loved the chemistry and the ease with which Beck and Stella slowly slide from pretense to the real deal. When Beck again and again stands up for Stella and when Stella helps him to fit in and to achieve his aim, when Beck makes Stella brave enough to defend herself against, well, actually her so-called best friends among others, I found myself cheering them on and celebrating each of their victories no matter how small or how big with them. Even when they hit a bump or two along the way, I was never really worried. I didn't like to see any of them hurt and lost but I was positive that things would turn out right and that I'd get my HEA in the end because those two simply belonged together no matter how they started. I really loved that those two realized what was happening to them and that they were up for it despite their initial misgivings and their personal experiences.

The characters were authentic and very lovable and their chemistry was just right with sparks and all and even though their mutual attraction didn't feel over the top or forced but natural and good. Thinking back, I don't think that a lot actually happened, sure, they went to the wedding of Stella's former boyfriend and her life-long best friend with all that implies, conquer some dragons, learn a lot about themselves and each other and...still, even though I don't remember much action - I loved every single page of this book!



★★


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).