Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Tuesday 11 February 2020

The Clutter-Free Home: Making Room for Your Life by Kathi Lipp



 by 
 

When it comes to your home, peace is possible...

Longing for a place of peace from which you can love others well? The Clutter-Free Home is your room-by-room guide to decluttering, reclaiming, and celebrating every space of your home.

Let author Kathi Lipp (who once lived a life buried in clutter) walk you through each room of your house to create organizational zones that are not only functional and practical but create places of peace that reflect your personality.  Kathi will help you tackle the four-step process of dedicate, decide, declutter and “do-your-thing” to reveal the home you’ve always dreamed of, and then transform it into a haven that reflects who you
truly are meant to be.

If you’re also feeling overwhelmed by the care and upkeep of all the stuff under your feet or sense that your home is running you, instead of the other way around, come discover how to create a space that doesn’t have to be showroom perfect to be perfect for you and the people you love.



I mean, deep at heart we all know exactly what we have to do to get rid of all this stuff that is cluttering our home. Of course, I've already read several books about it as well and tried to get rid of everything but somehow....well.

This book doesn't have any big groundbreaking ideas either but somehow when I finally gave up procrastinating and started reading and doing something, I got into the right mood and it worked. I still have a lot of decluttering ahead of me but I like the author's approach to it, the concrete checklists of d's and I also like her definition of clutter. There's no number or amount of something given, there's no minimalistic approach, it's always just about the questions whether you really like an object, need it and use it. Basically.

I love books for example and I need long shelves of books to feel at home somewhere, so I wouldn't take kindly to the suggestion to get rid of them and keep but...<insert any number>. It doesn't make me a failure when it comes to decluttering if I still keep most of them as long as I make sure that these are books that still represent me. This is an approach that feels right and something I can work with.

It's always difficult to get rid of the clutter but step by step, one room after the other, I work my way through it. This book doesn't invent decluttering, it doesn't do it for me but it definitely helps with the process of deciding what to keep and how to proceed. 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).