Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Thursday 1 February 2018

My Commander (Bewitched and Bewildered #1) by Alanea Alder










Blurb: 

In book one you meet our delicious Alpha Unit leader Aiden McKenzie. When the topic of grandchildren comes up during a weekly sewing circle the matriarchs of the founding families seek out the witch Elder to scry to see if their sons have mates. They are shocked to discover that many of their sons' mates are out in the world and are human!

Fearing that their future human daughters-in-law will end up dead before being claimed and providing them with grandchildren to spoil, they convince their own mates that something must be done. After gathering all of the warriors together in a fake award ceremony the witch Elder casts a spell to pull the men’s mates to them, whether they want it or not.

Aiden is adamant that he doesn’t need a mate and that they would only get in the way, little does he realize Fate is sending him his mate first! He meets his destined mate Meryn Evans and things go downhill from there. In the first twenty four hours she kicks, screams and knocks her bear shifting mate unconscious. They eventually discover that life before finding each other may have been good, but life afterwards is perfect, even if it involves super soaker battles and accidentally discharging hand grenades.



Had I known how funny and how amazing this book is, I would have read this book a long time ago. It's been on my reader for almost a year now and I did just start reading it because RARE London is near and Aleana Alder will attend. Having heard several times how great her books are from other attendees, I decided that I'd have to check it out - and fell for her books. Hook, line and sinker...well, something like that, you know.

I think I started laughing around page 8 (at the latest), almost died laughing when I went with Team Alpha on a tampon shopping mission, will never again look at chocolate bars without giggling (or think of chocolate sauce for that matter), will always have a fondness for porcelain toilet backs and - oh, I definitely need a Felix of my own!

Aiden and Meryn are a wonderful couple. Those two are absolutely sweet and amazing together. Meryn and her geekiness are so funny especially when Aiden is confronted with it and almost always fails to understand her - but loves her all the same. The way Meryn stands up to society and charms her way into every...okay, almost everybody's hearts - I couldn't stop laughing and smiling, giggling and just take her into my heart.

Aiden, the warrior, who doesn't really understand what hit him but who loves his mate, his Meryn unconditionally no matter how different she is, how often she forgets that paranormals have a very sharp ear.......we won't go into detail here, right? Well, let's just say that even though those two had a certain....rough ...start, you just feel their love for each other.

Wonderful, complex characters, a great plot and a way to tell this story that made this book unputdownable.
Why I didn't read it earlier?
The cover gave me the impression of a rather dark story and in combination with the title I was a bit wary that it would be one of those submission stories that are simply not my cup of tea but this book, well, it was completely different from what I'd expected and I can't wait to read the next book in this series!


★★

 Do you want to know more about the spell that was cast?

*click*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).