Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Thursday 18 October 2018

Blogtour: Player by Staci Hart #Player





 He's nothing but a Player - isn't he?









Blurb:

He’s a player.

He plays the bass with expert fingers. He plays women with intoxicating charm. And he’ll play me with the ease of a virtuoso.

Who better to teach me to play than the master himself?

I’m his model student, front row, pencil sharp. Pick up lines? I’ve got them. Free drinks? By the dozen. Kissing? Let me grab my chapstick.

But the most valuable lesson I’ve learned is that there’s so much I don’t know. Like why his touch sets off a chain reaction straight to my nethers. Or how I’m certain each kiss is the best I’ll ever have, until the moment his lips take mine again.

There’s so much I don’t know.

Like the fact that I’m only a bet.

But we are what we are. He’s a player, through and through.

And I’m the fool who fell in love with him.


Oh my goodness! I didn't like this book ...I freaking loved it! Yes, I loved the other books by Staci Hart that I've read but this one - wow. This one simply blew my mind. This book is not just a wonderful love story that made me laugh and cry but it's also a celebration of passion, love and music. Always of music and of love and of the fact that those two go hand in hand. If you are someone like Val or Sam, music is love in its purest form.

Reading about Val and her love for music, for dancing  - and her wolf pack, as in her four older (and very protective) brothers and the rest of the amazing Bolivars made me happy. Every page you read, every step she takes, every song she dances to, radiates so much happiness, you simply can't help but love Valentina with all your heart.
And so can't Sam either, no matter how hard he tries to convince himself (and how much he made me laugh in the process). He falls for her. Hard. And completely because that's just the way he is. Those two complete each other and they love each other and those around them with abandon, passionately and without reserve - just as much as they love music. Oh, and well, with those cheesy pick-up lines of hers? He never stood a chance anyway, right?

I really loved (even though it hurt me to see them hurt) how Sam learned - the hard way, I might add - that Val doesn't need rescuing. She is strong in her own way even though she doesn't seem to be at first glance. Having been hurt by others shaming her for her body, having been sexualized and ridiculed early on, she has to learn that she is beautiful and to trust herself. Even more, she has to learn to trust Sam.
Sure, there is trouble in paradise, especially when Sam's friend Ian shows his true colors and threatens to destroy everything but well, true love and all, right.

I can't say whether I loved the story most or the beautiful way it was written. The story itself was like a beautiful song, carrying the reader away with its celebration of love and music. A book that was not only beautiful to read but that also made me happy.
I can't wait for the print edition to come out because this is definitely one of those books that I have to have on my shelf as well as on my kindle!

★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).