Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Wednesday 24 October 2018

Gone Hunting: A Weird Girls Novel by Cecy Robson #GoneHunting #NetGalley










Blurb:

 The rest of the werewolf pack might consider Aric Connor to be omniscient and destined to save the world when evil returns to claim it. But for the most part, fifteen-year-old Aric ignores the confirmations of his powers, taking everything in stride until he meets her.

Celia Wird wasn’t supposed to awaken naked in the mountains of Colorado, not when she was just stalking her prey in a filthy alley several states away. She especially wasn’t supposed to meet Aric, the handsome werewolf who comes to her aid.

As a supernatural tasked with protecting the earth, Aric sympathizes with Celia’s dangerous situation. He’s also struck by her beauty and kindness. Yet, as much as Aric welcomes Celia, her arrival isn’t a peaceful one.

Dark forces stir in Celia’s presence, resolute on killing her. Aric and his inner beast are adamant about keeping Celia safe and with them. But there's a time and a place for love, and Aric and Celia might not survive long enough to find it.



This book should definitely come with a warning sign at least a mile high - DON'T READ IN PUBLIC! 
I realized that too late though, I couldn't stop reading... I was sitting at a doctor's for some hours while waiting for a friend to come out of surgery and I giggled and snorted and chuckled my way through the book only to start crying because ...something...was so sweet and I became sentimental and then...I cried because I was upset and when everything seemed right, when just a teeny tiny wariness was left because that was wayyyy too easy wasn't it...I was devastated. Absolutely and completely. I haven't recovered yet.
Seriously??? Things were alright, everything seemed fine and I still tried to work out how that was possible after everything else that happened and the things that had been revealed and - boom. That sentence.
At least, those around me in that waiting room will remember me. Probably forever... *oops*

Celia and Aric were amazing together! I loved Celia's toughness and that those two never played games. They didn't start singing love ballads at first sight but you simply know that they are meant for each other. Aric's parents are wonderful as well, I really loved the way they cared for her and for their son and his friends. You can always feel that they are alphas, that they are those who lead the pack but love and their son's happiness means everything to them and they are willing to sacrifice everything for him. They are open and welcoming and definitely someone you want to have in your corner because you just know that no matter what happens, they will keep you safe.

Aric's friends are very unique as well. Liam made me laugh so hard sometimes with his inappropriate questions and his innocent and even less appropriate remarks and Gemini and his twin wolf had me worried for a while (longer) and of course, Koda - those guys are really great!

I also loved the story even though it left me rather frustrated at the end. I'm still trying to figure out because of the things that happened at the end or simply "because". No matter what, I'm really looking forward to reading the other books in this series! (I'm still trying to figure out the order in which to read them though)

★★★
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Howdy I am so grateful I found your site, I really found you by
    error, while I was researching on Google for something else, Nonetheless
    I am here now and would just like to say
    kudos for a incredible post and a all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read it all at the moment but I have
    saved it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I
    have time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep up the awesome jo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm it seems like your website ate my first comment (it
    was extremely long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog.

    I as well am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to
    everything. Do you have any tips for rookie blog writers?
    I'd really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My spouse and I stumbled over here by a different page
    and thought I might as well check things out.

    I like what I see so now i'm following you. Look forward to going
    over your web page repeatedly.

    ReplyDelete

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).