Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Friday 24 January 2020

Surgebound (Storm Rising Saga, #1) by Celeste Griffith and Ramona Carter #Surgebound



by 


 *Synopsis*

They disappeared, and her power is rising. Noa is enjoying one last summer in her beachside hometown before leaving for college when a series of strange occurrences forces her to question everything she thinks she knows about herself, her family, and her future.

When her best friend instantly recovers from a near-fatal accident, the long-cold investigation into her family's disappearance is reopened, and a mysteriously alluring new family comes to town, Noa's surging power threatens to consume her. When a captivating stranger begins pursuing Noa, she wonders if his feelings are real – or stem from something potentially more dangerous. As Noa struggles to untangle the increasingly strange occurrences around her and control her rising power, she realizes that her safety – and the safety of those she loves – may be in more danger than she ever imagined.

Secrets don't stay submerged forever.



 *Review*
 
On the whole, I enjoyed reading this debut novel that left me waiting impatiently for the next book in this series. It took me some time to get into it, though once I was hooked, I didn't put the book down till the end.

I liked the hero and the heroine but for a long time, I wasn't completely sure who the male main character was. Alright, it was rather obvious on the one hand but on the other hand, it didn't really fit. I would have loved some more chemistry and, all circumstances considered, I would have loved to know deep down that these two belong together because they just click and not because of someone else's manipulations.

In some parts, the story seemed a bit rushed and also a bit confusing and sometimes I just wanted to kick our heroine a bit for not realizing...well...things.
Despite that, this fast-paced and action-packed book was a great read and I can't wait to read more about Noa and her friends!


★★

1 comment:

  1. I was excited to uncover this website. I wanted to thank you for ones time for this wonderful
    read!! I definitely liked every bit of it and i also have you
    saved to fav to see new things on your website.

    ReplyDelete

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).