Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Monday 11 September 2017

On the Chase (Rocky Mountain K9 Unit #2) by Katie Ruggle













Blurb:

After witnessing a horrifying crime, Kaylee is forced to flee to a small Colorado mountain town and take on a new identity. There she becomes Grace, a dog kennel worker trying to avoid the dangerously attractive K-9 Officer Hugh Murdoch.

When an accident leaves Hugh and his K-9 partner, Lexi, on desk duty, both are anxious for Hugh to heal. Until then, the highlight of his day is teasing the beautiful but mysterious new kennel employee. Their simmering attraction fuels a passionate kiss—interrupted by a sniper’s bullet. With targets on both of their backs, Grace and Hugh will do whatever it takes to stay alive…not realizing the most dangerous threat of all is hiding right in front of their noses.


 
Oh my goodness, I really really loved this book! First thing I did when I had finished it, was to go online and look for the other books by the author and of course, the first book in this amazing series.

Fast-paced, witty, with a great story line and really amazing characters, this book drew me in from the first page on and I didn't put it down until the end. Since I've read it that first time, I've read the first book and I've reread this book, I have listened to the audio book of the first one and then I was waiting rather impatiently for the audio book of "On the Chase".

Hugh and Grace are a wonderful couple with lots of chemistry and sparks and I was either turning the pages faster and faster because I just needed to know what would happen next or I was laughing out loud because of something Hugh said or did.
And seriously? I just love all those other characters, Jules Jackson and her siblings, Theo Bosco, Otto - they are vivid, very much alive and lovable and, oh, don't forget about Lexi and Viggy, I think, I fell in love with those two as well.

Right now I can't wait till the next book in this series releases - soooo.....just in case, I haven't mentioned it before, I really loved reading this book and I can definitely recommend "On the Chase" as well as the first book "Run to Ground". Both books are part of the series but they can easily be read as standalones, well, apart from the fact that they are highly addictive, of course.


★★
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).