Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Friday 22 December 2017

Worth of a Lady by Tarah Scot and Sue-Ellen Welfonder #WorthOfALady #NetGalley









Blurb:

No one guessed that an innocent would bring the Devil of Delny to his knees…

Spinster Chastity Hamilton is the Duke of Roxburgh’s heir. Her father insists she marry. She insists that the man who wins her hand must first find matches for her three younger sisters. Sir Stirling James takes up the challenge, and the sisters are shocked when he announces the engagement of their youngest sister to the Devil of Delny.

When Quin Ramsey’s surrogate brother Sir Stirling James informs him he is to wed the fourth daughter of a lesser duke, he refuses. But when he waltzes with the lovely innocent, he realizes that he wants no other man to waltz with her.



Somehow this book left me wanting for much more - unfortunately not for the right reasons. I wasn't anticipating the next pages, the next book or...what ever... but I felt as if somehow I must have missed the story or at least huge parts of it.

Oops, her father forces her to agree to the bargain, oops, Stirling has taken up the challenge, oops, he and the first groom to be turn up aaaaaaaand...love at first sight, the prospective but up to date very unwilling groom doing a 180 and declaring his wish to marry right away. Wedding, bliss, and happiness all over. Yay.

I was not only missing a real story but unfortunately, the characters are rather one-dimensional without any actual development of character or, well, development of anything, actually.
The story was pleasantly written and I kept reading but when I closed the book I just wondered whether I had somehow missed some pages and actually turned back to check whether there were passages or pages that I hadn' tread yet, but.....nope, that was not the case, I had really read every single page and hadn't missed anything.

I've read other stories by Tarah Scott that I really enjoyed reading but unfortunately, this one isn't one of them.




2 comments:

  1. Thanks very interesting blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I enjoy reading through your article.
    I wanted to write a little comment to support you.

    ReplyDelete

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).