Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Friday 21 September 2018

Center of Gravity by K.K. Allen #CenterOfGravity







Blurb:

 Lex
I came to L.A. with dreams bigger than me.
To learn from the best choreographers in the business and secure a professional dance gig working for Hollywood’s elite.
Everything was going according to plan—until I was literally shoved into the arms of the one man who could make or break my career.
Come to find out, it wasn’t my career I had to worry about.
It was my heart.

Theo
Everything about Alexandra “Lex” Quinn screamed amateur, save for the way she moved across the dance floor.
She was athleticism and grace, precision and passion, and she had a stage presence I couldn’t tear my eyes from.
I wanted her...on my team, in my bed.
There was only one problem...
I couldn’t have both.




Wooow... on the whole you can sum this book up as it being a book about passion. Passion and love like the one our hero and our heroine experience with each other and the passion for dancing and expressing yourself through your dance. Reading this book, I felt like dancing myself. Even though the competition is strong and life as a dancer isn't just vine and roses but hard work, disappointments and the few glorious moments in between.

You can feel Lex and Theo's struggle to stay clear of each other, to not risk their careers and their reputations as dancers and choreographers for love - and you can also feel why they are doomed to fail. The chemistry is amazing and those two together - I'd love to see that dance! Of course it takes both of them a bit to see what they have and to accept that the other one is not as much of an idiot (mildly speaking) as expected...

Very soon they have to realize that some risks are worth taking and a love like theirs is worth everything. And it is definitely worth fighting for no matter whom or what you have to fight.
Theo and Lex are very authentic, very real but the minor characters are also multi-faceted and well developed. Needless to say that I loved each and every one of them.

A wonderful book that I read in one sitting well into the night. This was my first book by the author but definitely not the last, I loved it!

★★★★
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).