Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Monday 9 September 2019

Release Day Blitz - Justifying Jamie (Reason to Ruin #1) by Anna Brooks

  



Blurb:  
 The first time I heard his cheesy pick-up line, he made me laugh. The next night, I fell madly in love. Then he shattered my world without speaking a word, leaving me with an empty heart and a hollow soul.

Still, I tried to fix what was broken, only to be humiliated beyond repair. I couldn’t believe the same man who promised me heaven so ruthlessly put me through hell with lips that once worshipped me.

I thought that was the end of us, but then a life-altering discovery threatened more than just me, and the least likely man to stand at my side was the one who refused to leave it.
  


I really enjoyed reading this book even though these two star-crossed lovers threatened to drive me crazy for a while. Communication is a nice thing. More people should try it. Just saying... But well, when feelings are hurt and so on, right?
Back to the beginning though. 
 
I loved the chemistry between our hero and our heroine but I think it's not too harsh if I say that I really really hated Mercy's mother and the way she treated her daughter ... 

Jamie and Mercy though, well, the chemistry is there and apart from that it is a struggle, it is a fight, it is - everything. The good and the bad and everything in between. The moment Jamie and Mercy met, they know as much as the reader knows that there is more but the time it took them to get there, wow, I was tempted to throw my kindle over and over again because I couldn't believe that fate would be so cruel and those two so oblivious.

When our hero and our heroine finally get their HEA, I was almost as relieved as the two of them.
Well-written, captivating and at times frustrating -  Justifying Jamie is the first book in the new series by Anna Brooks and I can't wait for the next books to find out more about these guys and the women they love! 


★★★★


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).