Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Tuesday 27 March 2018

Eight Simple Rules for Dating a Dragon (The Embraced #3) by Kerrelyn Sparks



   




Blurb: 

From the brilliant imagination of Kerrelyn Sparks comes a bold new fantasy romance series in which passion and magic collide. Behold the Embraced…

Gwennore has a talent. An Elf able to track down the cause of an illness and heal it, she’s a valuable asset to her people. But when the kidnapping of a young girl thrusts Gwennore into the very heart of the realm of the dragons, she discovers not only a place of power and magic, but also a haunted land, plagued by an ancient curse that all but ensures extinction to the royal family. But when she meets the smoldering General Silas Dravenko, they strike a bargain—save the country from its cursed illness, and he will return the kidnapped girl. She’s been raised never to trust a dragon, but never did making a deal with the devil feel so good…

Silas has no way of curing the family he’s loyally served for years. But when a beautiful elf, long considered the enemy of the dragons, comes bursting into his world, Silas is awakened to passion and desire in a way he’s never felt before. But can he trust a sworn enemy to save the very existence he holds dear? And can their love survive those that threaten to tear them apart?

 

Oh my goodness, this book really surprised me! After having read another dragon book that intrigued me, this book caught my eye and I just had to read it. I must admit that I had never heard of Kerellyn Sparks before so I had no idea what to expect. Let's just say that when I finished reading this amazing book, I went straight to a retailer's page and checked out her other books, adding the one or the other to my wishlist and... so on.
Yes, it was that good.
I loved the characters, both strong and capable, working together, believing in each other and, well, falling in love with each other.  The storyline was unique and intriguing, keeping me glued to my reader, laughing out loud, giggling and gasping and feeling with our hero and our heroine.

When a dragon kidnaps a little girl, it's Gwen who follows her and stays with her even if that means to hitch a ride with a dragon. Her talent to find out what ails those around her might come in handy because their kidnapper's country is plagued by a mysterious illness ..... or might it really be a curse?
Working together with the very handsome and captivating General Silas Dravenko, Gwen realizes that her life and her heart are on the line and a race against time and other odds begins...

I loved this book and I am so looking forward to exploring her other books as well!

★★★★



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).