Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Sunday 11 March 2018

Savage Winds (Savage Times Book 1) by Michelle C. Reilly

   

 Still not well but getting there - and I had much time to read.... ;-)







Blurb: 

Ana Salvatore, a marine biologist, wants nothing more than to have an independent life free of her mobster family. While on an excursion in the Bermuda Triangle with her uncle, his boat explodes, and she wakes to find herself in the arms of gorgeous Captain Jacen Stirling on an ancient ship. It's like a fairytale, until he tells her the year is 1814.

Jacen is on a secret mission for General Andrew Jackson to infiltrate the infamous privateer Jean Lafitte’s encampment to determine his loyalties. When he discovers Ana while on his way to meet Lafitte, he can’t decide if she’s the worst thing that’s ever happened to him, or the best.

As the Battle of New Orleans draws nearer, can Jacen and Ana work together to help their country beat the invaders? Or will the British, the war, or the savage winds of time keep them apart?



I enjoyed reading this book even though I put I aside when I was halfway through because I felt as if it was a bit too drawn-out.

On the whole though, this is a charming and captivating story with interesting and very likeable characters.
I loved the storyline even though I was a bit irritated that nobody really seemed to mind that the heroine, Ana, was from the future. Sure, she thought about it sometimes but I never felt that she was really upset about it and our hero, Jacen, well, he took it in stride as well. Somehow this didn't feel very right.
If I met somebody from the future, I wouldn't stop asking stupid questions for ages and, okay, he is a man, so, sure, not ages and probably not even hours but even a man would be curious and would at least want to know more about the boats in the future, the weapons or whatever, right? And on the other hand, if I was blasted back into the past, I'd have quite a few questions as well and, considering what happened right before that explosion, I think I would have told Jacen or whoever was at hand, about it and about my time and ...you get the meaning, right?

So, not perfect and with some lengths but nevertheless I felt entertained and enjoyed reading it.


 ★★



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).