Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Monday 28 November 2016

Sweetest Regret by Meredith Duran










Blurb:

At a house party in the countryside, the joyful spirit of the Christmas season threatens to sweep Georgiana Trent under the mistletoe—and back into the arms of the dashing rogue who broke her heart two years ago. Little does she know that Lucas Godwin has no intention of leaving until he has reclaimed her as his own.

Alright, I loved this novella but I must admit that there were times when I was so furious when I was reading it that I almost threw my kindle at the wall. How can somebody be so calculating, ruthless and so mean and so...argh.
Okay, okay, right, I mean, it is a christmas story so I was sure that I'd get my HEA for Georgiana and Lucas but it wasn't that easy to get there, believe me.

Of course it is never easy to meet a former love especially if the parting was rather abrupt and left many questions open and even more if you should just by some umwelcome twist of fate find yourself and said former love as co-hosts to a bunch of very important strangers.
Right, exactly what happened to Georgiana and Lucas one not that very wonderful christmas. At least in the beginning it wasn't that wonderful but fortunately after a rather rough start the two of them start to talk to each other and discover some  answers to those aforementioned questions.

I loved that the hero and the heroine really talk to each other and don't jump from one misunderstanding to the next and I loved that they found their way back to what they had two years ago and that they still care for each other the way they did.
This is a very nice and sweet christmas story, well written with loveable characters that I really enjoyed.

★★


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).