Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Wednesday 2 August 2017

Guarding Eden (Midway #1) by Cameo Renae










Blurb:

***The Midway Novels are spin-offs of the Hidden Wings Series, but each book can be read as a standalone.***

Tucked away at an upscale, private boarding school in Brindle Hollow, Washington, seventeen-year-old Eden East comes face to face with a hideous creature on her walk back to her dorm. Shaken to her core, she's left questioning the world around her, and soon finds herself entering a friendship with a hot, new student named Alexander.

Little does she know, Alex is a Guardian Angel, sent from Midway to protect her from those dangerous creatures—known as Darkling—lurking in the forest outside Brindle Hall. It isn’t long before Alex learns this is no ordinary assignment. Eden’s existence holds a secret; something hidden from even herself.

Eden is thrust into a world where Fallen angels and creatures of the Underworld will stop at nothing to catch her. With Alex at her side and a little help from some of his old friends, they form a formidable front against the enemy.

Hopefully, it’s not too little, too late.
 




Wow, simply wow! I just wanted to take a sneak peek ....and then, suddenly, I turned the last page. The next thing I did, I downloaded another book by Cameo Renae and I am so looking forward to reading it!

"Guarding Eden" sounded rather interesting and a bit unusual and I just thought that it might make a nice change. Then I started reading and it captivated me right from the start. I loved the amazing characters as well as the great story, I felt and suffered and feared with our hero and our heroine and I hoped, oh, how I hoped that everything would turn out well!
The one or the other tear, some giggling, some nail-biting and other emotional outbursts later, I just can tell that this book is simply amazing.
I absolutely loved the well-constructed story, it was well-written as well and the whole of it just kept me glued to my reader.
When Eden East meets Alexander West, she does already know that something is changing and that there are things going on that are definitely not easy to understand but the weeks to come - well, that is a whole different story and she soon learns that her whole world has been turned upside down.
Okay, when Alex learns that his name is now West - ha, ha, how fitting, considering Eden's last name - he is a bit annoyed at first but he will soon be so much more annoyed when he realizes that this girl, his new assignment, is the one to make him come close to risk everything he believes in, everything he lives for and that his life will never be the same ...
Alright, maybe Eden's encounter with a Darkling, that prompted Alexander's assignment, was a certain indication that things were changing but when the Fallen turned up, well..... Things just got worse, right?

I enjoyed reading about all these wonderful characters, even the minor characters were well developed and very lovable, it as so much fun to read about them and to spend time with them. When I read the last page, I loved this perfect ending but I was also a bit lost because I hadn't wanted it to end, yet. Well, I guess, I'll just have to watch out for the nextbook in this series and spend my time catching up on the author's other book, now.

★★★★★
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).