Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Tuesday 1 August 2017

Never Dare a Dragon by Ashlyn Chase













Boston Dragons Series:
 
I Dream of Dragons (Book 1)
My Wild Irish Dragon (Book 2)
Never Dare a Dragon (Book 3)

 
Blurb:



Unfortunately "Never dare a dragon" couldn't convince me completely. It started out really strong but then things got a bit weird or rather I was expecting something meaningful and maybe even heroic just to read something somewhat anti-climatic.

I loved the characters and the story, on the whole, had a lot of potential but there were too many details messing things up and some things didn't really make sense in my eyes. Some parts felt rather forced and drawn out so the writing lost some of its force and its lightness.

Maybe it might have been different if I had known the other books in the series before I read this book but I didn't. Many of the characters had obviously been introduced in one of the earlier books so it might have been less irritating that new important characters seemed to pop up left and right if I had read those. Maybe. I'm not sure that this is really the case as some things seemed to happen rather randomly.

Even though I was irritated, I might try another book by the author because I liked the idea and the characters.


 ★★★


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).