Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Tuesday 12 February 2019

Lust (The Elite Seven #1) by Ker Dukey. #TheEliteSeven







Blurb:

The Elite Seven.

Lust:

I was born with wealth, athletic ability, and looks that could melt the panties off a nun.
I had a clear path to success.
Until fate dealt me a cruel blow, leaving me empty and in need of purpose.
My only focus now is to become part of The Elite—a secret society in one of the most prestigious colleges in the world.
But everything comes at a price, and with The Elite, you have to earn your place.
Lucky for me, being sinful is in my DNA.
The only obstacle to full initiation is my task: seduce the un-seducible, the forbidden, and lure her with the sins of the flesh.
Easy for a man like me…in theory.
She started as my task, but what happens when the lines between lust and love blur, and the need for power rages war with the need for her?
Accept your sin wisely, for the tasks given to earn your place are not for the weak—they’re for The Elite.
This is my life, my chance, my legacy.
I am Rhett Masters.
I am Lust.



I must admit... I was a bit wary when I started reading this book because I wasn't really sure what to expect. It sounded like a great story and very promising but I was afraid that it would live up more to its title. And, well, it did that but in an abolutely positive way. Okay, not all the time but when it counted, at least in my eyes, things were fine. 

Right from the beginning this book captivated me and despite the heartbreak (and I did need a bunch of hankies...) and everything that happened afterwards, I enjoyed every page of it. It was a truly interesting story, well plotted with characters that are not only likable but that you really, really want to get to know.

I was drawn in and kept reading and reading and I must say that I was very pleased when at a certain point, when I was very upset (and  not only me...) and some bad things went down, the characters reacted in an authentic and convincing way and what might have turned into a clichĂ©, was perfect and made them come out stronger than before. 
I loved the way the boys supported each other and I also loved to see Rhett discover what really counts. Oh, should I mention that I don't like his father? At all? Well, as I don't like God's father either, I might be some kind of father syndrome 😉 though honestly? It's not difficult to hate them, actually, it's rather easy. 

The chemistry between Chastity (yes, it's Chastity who falls in love with Lust and vice versa...*sigh*) is great and let's just say that she doesn't really live up to her name - in a positive way. You can also feel that it is not just about the sex but that they complement each other and help each other. It's Chastity who keeps Rhett's nightmares at bay when he holds himself responsible for his loss.
I'm really looking forward to the next books int his series, I can't wait to find out what happened to Pride and what Lillian has to do with THAT....

★★★


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter UmstĂ€nden auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server ĂŒbermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner DatenschutzerklĂ€rung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der DatenschutzerklĂ€rung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).