Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Thursday 2 November 2017

Craving Midnight by A.M.Hargrove










Blurb:


She’s a starlet with secrets. He makes scandals go away. Together, they’ll make sparks fly…

Midnight Drake’s squeaky clean reputation has suddenly taken a nosedive. She’s horrified after she wakes up naked from a drugged stupor, but the worst is yet to come. She just found three sex videos on her phone of a night she can't remember. Midnight wonders if her promising new career will go up in smoke …

Harrison Kirkland cleans up Hollywood’s sordid messes for a living, and he’s never met a scandal he couldn’t contain. But when he’s assigned to fix the sultry Midnight’s problems, he never expected to get dragged in after her…

Behind Midnight’s diva exterior, Harrison discovers a mysterious woman with a web of secrets he can’t untangle. The deeper he’s pulled into her world, the stronger his desire for her grows, but can he handle the truth about her past? If he’s not careful, the next heart that’ll need fixing… will be his…

Craving Midnight is a red-carpet ready contemporary romance novel. If you like steamy chemistry, flawed characters with compelling secrets, then you’ll love A.M. Hargrove’s pulse-pounding story.

*This book contains sensitive subject matter that may not be suitable for all readers.



Oh. My. God. This book is simply amazing! It really blew my mind while taking me on a rollercoaster of emotions, gutting me, making me despair and hope - only to get it crushed right away again.

Sometimes while reading the book, I was so furious and felt so helpless and I really hated those guys who...well...them.
For a while I had to remind myself over and over again that I haven't read any books by the author that haven't ended with an HEA, yet and I simply hoped that this would be the case with "Craving Midnight" as well.

Fortunately, the author didn't disappoint me because I couldn't stand the idea of Midnight losing even more due to her past. And what a past that was.... Just a warning - this book is not always easy to read. It is intense and there's a long history of abuse and violence so this book might not be the right choice for everybody even though - or rather exactly because it is amazing.

Fast-paced and full of action, weet and agonizingly slow on the other hand, this book really got it all and I loved (and sometimes hated) every single page of it!

I loved For the Love of English,  which was one of the first books by A.M. Hargrove that I've read, as well as  A Special Obsession and Chasing Vivi, the first books in this series but Craving Midnight, well, that book beats them all. It is even more complex and intense and those characters? Wonderful. Simply wonderful. You must love Midnight and feel with her and Harrison, well, he is amazing in his own right.
Soooo...well, this is definitely a book that I can wholeheartedly recommend!




★★

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).