Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Thursday 9 November 2017

Fool me once by (First Wives Series, Book 1) Catherine Bybee









Blurb:




Okay, I honestly didn't put this book down once I'd started reading it. I was glued to my reader, following the ups and downs in Lori's and Reed's (love) lives. The story was intriguing and well plotted and its many twists and turns kept me on my toes. Of course, there was this one scene that I was dreading, the one thing that I expected to happen and that happened and, well, it went as expected but....

Yup, you should definitely read this book.
It is full of action, fast-paced and its characters are warm, standing up for each other, owning up to their mistakes and working at proving and redeeming themselves. Ruthless villains, mysterious women, amazing friends or - "first wives" and some swoon-worthy romance.

I loved the idea of the "Alliance" and the way Sam and Lori watched over their (former) clients, helping them, protecting them, comforting them - and finding close friends along the way. by the way, as much as I loved Avery and Trina, I must admit that I really really want to get Shannon back for good with Paul, just saying.

I was upset with Reed, obviously, as he messed up but as you could totally see that he was in it for completely different reasons than the seemingly obvious ones, I was prepared to forgive him and, well, let*s just say that his actions definitely redeemed him.  Especially everything he did, when things got really rough...
This was my first book by Catherine Bybee but it won't be my last!

★★ 



1 comment:

  1. Just wanna input that you have a very nice web site, I like the style and design it really stands
    out.

    ReplyDelete

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).