Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Friday 20 October 2017

Alpha's Prize (Bad Boy Alpha's #3) by Renee Rose









Blurb: 


 MY CAPTIVE. MY MATE. MY PRIZE.

I didn’t order the capture of the beautiful American she-wolf. I didn’t buy her from the traffickers. I didn’t even plan to claim her. But no male shifter could have withstood the test of a full moon and a locked room with Sedona, naked and shackled to the bed.

I lost control, not only claiming her, but also marking her, and leaving her pregnant with my wolfpup. I won’t keep her prisoner, as much as I’d like to. I allow her to escape to the safety of her brother’s pack.

But once marked, no she-wolf is ever really free. I will follow her to the ends of the Earth, if I must.

Sedona belongs to me.

Publisher’s Note: Alpha’s Prize is a stand-alone book in the Bad Boy Alphas series. HEA guaranteed, no cheating. This book contains a hot, demanding alpha wolf with a penchant for protecting and dominating his female. If such material offends you, do not buy this book.



This book was a nice and quick read. I must admit that I was a bit worried about the claiming part because I wasn't sure whether it would be like some kind of "rape-happy-to-meet-you-despite-that" scenario which I hate but the author managed to turn a forced situation into something where I definitely could accept the chemistry that leads to the mating.

Even hormone-and instinct-driven, Carlos is honorable and kind, just the kind of alpha that a she-wolf would dream of. Sedona, being an alpha herself, is the perfect match for him.
Okay, the situation with his pack that seems to be stuck somewhere in the middle ages, well, that is a tough nut to crack especially as the council is rather creepy and ruthless - and seems to hold all the power.

There is a lot going on, the story is fast-paced but sometimes I didn't understand the motivation, at least that of the villains. Maybe that's just due to the fact that villains don't need a reason to be evil but somehow I missed that explanation. Or maybe it really is just about power and the chance to do some research?

Nevertheless, I enjoyed reading this book and will check out other books by the authors as well.

★★ 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).