Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Friday 20 October 2017

Drive by Kate Stewart











 Blurb:

 Music . . . the heart’s greatest librarian.

The average song is three and a half minutes long; those three and a half minutes could lead to a slow blink, a glimpse of the past, or catapult the soul into heart-shattering nostalgia.

At the height of my career, I had the life I wanted, the life I’d always envisioned. I’d found my tempo, my rhythm. Then I received a phone call that left me off key.

You see, my favorite songs had a way of playing simultaneously. I was in love with one man’s beats and another’s lyrics. But when it came to the soundtrack of a life, how could anyone choose a favorite song? So, to erase any doubt, I ditched my first-class ticket and decided to take a drive, fixed on the rearview.

Two days.

One playlist.

And the long road home to the man who was waiting for me.



Wow, this book is really great! Intense characters, drama, sex, and music in a great story, well written and well plotted, that sucks you in and won't let you get out till it's over.
The characters are far from perfect, they are flawed, they fight, they make you scream with frustration - and cry the next moment.

Usually, I don't read books with love triangles because I hate this tug-of-war when the heroine is torn and suffering and the world is about to end...well, you get my meaning, right? Not my favorite story so, when I realized that this book might turn into a love triangle I got a bit concerned and feared the worst but...wow. This is so not your usual triangle.

And it is not your usual heroine either. Estella is persistent, she is going after the things (and the man) she wants and you can follow her on her way to find herself. You can see how she grows and finds her way. Estella and the others are very complex and authentic characters, not just the main characters but also the minor ones.
I love the pace of the story and I love how music is always a part of their lives. It is all about music. Every chapter starts with a song (title) and music is the glue that holds everything together, the link between Estella and the men in her life.

A great book that I thoroughly enjoyed reading and that I can totally recommend.
★★


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).