Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Thursday 15 June 2017

Audio book: Impulse by E.B. Walters




Okay, do you remember the Billionaire Series by E.B. Walters?


Look what is now available on Audible!


Impulse 



  

Blurb:


He has tradition ingrained in him...
She lives for the moment...
Will they find a common ground?
Lex Fitzgerald is not your average billionaire. He leads a double life as the conscientious head of his family and the pleasure-seeking rogue who parties hard and pushes the limits in and out of the bedroom. His two worlds are about to collide because of one woman, Jillian Finnegan.
Lex needs a secret weapon to defeat a competitor and finds it in Jillian Finnegan. He has no intention of letting her potty mouth, her crazy lifestyle, or her eccentric family get in his way. So when he makes her an offer, he expects her to accept. However, sparks start to fly when Jillian gives him a counteroffer and dares him to refuse. Has Lex finally met his match?
Let the seduction begin.



„Impulse“ is one of those books that you can't put down once you've started to read it. Once I had finished it I wanted to write my review and got caught in the book again and read it again. And again...

When I found that this book is now available on Audible, I just had to have it! I really love listening to my favorite books when I'm driving or doing household chores or whatever. At least I love it as long as those audio books are well done and the narrators are good.
I had some books that I really loved - till I listened to the audio books.

Soooooo.... I was a bit nervous when I started to listen to "Impulse" because, well, you never really know what to expect. And - I love it! It is really well done the voices are great and I enjoy listening to them and the intonation is also great. It is also easy to understand even if, like me, you are not a native speaker.
The narrators alternate, the female roles, and the story are told by the female narrator, Thurow Holmes and the male parts are read by Zachary Michael. That took a few minutes to get used to as I usually listen to books read by one narrator but then it was absolutely okay.

This book has wonderful, authentic and unique characters that are not only very natural but also incredibly loveable.

The story itself is romantic and just beautiful. Every time I feared that the author would slip into the land of cliché she surprised me with convincing and realistic twists that fit the characters and their personalities perfectly.

The protagonists took my heart by storm. Both are people with whom I'd love to get acquainted. Not just because of their good looks but because I really liked the manner in which they approach other people and because of the way they interact with those around them.

Jillian is a character who is energetic, passionate and honest straight from the bottom of her soul and on top of that she is full of wit and humor, in other words - she's just unbelievably lovable.
Lex did also convince me by his personality. In contrast to many other male protagonists in this genre, he impresses by the fact that he is neither dominant nor self-opinionated at all costs but shows much empathy and a good feeling for the right move not just when it comes to things related to Jillian but in general, with all people.

This was also a part where I was very impressed that the author managed to avoid typical clichés and instead presents us with a natural and healthy but also very passionate relationship with all its ups and downs.

Take those factors, add well characterized, equally unique minor characters and a captivating story and you get a very convincing and beautiful book. Add again some really good narrators and you get an audio book that I can also recommend wholeheartedly!


★★★★★
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).