Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Sunday 3 June 2018

House of Darken by Jaymin Eve #houseofdarken










Blurb: 

When Emma moves to Astoria, Oregon, she is given two rules:

#1 – Don’t cross to “their” side of the street.

#2 – Don’t mess with the elites, especially Lexen Darken, top elite and resident bad boy.

While she finds this both weird and insulting, Emma has no actual intention of breaking these rules - until her guardians go missing. Now all bets are off. Only a single line separates her side of the street from the elites', and she's crossing it.

Captured and held by Lexen and his brothers, she learns the rules are in place for a very good reason. There's a secret world hidden in this small town which goes far beyond the one she knows and understands.

A world not for humans.



Oh my....wow. Halfway through the book, I went straight back to Amazon to find out when the next book will be out - and I was thrilled to find that I'll have to wait but a couple of weeks. Having finished it now, I still can't wait for the next book in this series because this was simply amazing!
I loved every single page of this book. House of Darken builds a wonderful and imaginative world and the storyline is great. Right from the beginning, I simply couldn't put the book down.

Emma and Lexen are so great together, you simply know that they belong together (and not just because this is a romance), it just feels right. I loved those two but I also loved the other characters, all of the members of the House of Darken and, of course, Daniel and the other guys... I can't wait to learn more about them and about their world! Oh, don't get me wrong, right at the beginning, I don't exactly get fuzzy feelings when Emma and Lexen meet because, well, he doesn't get his nickname for nothing, right? But very soon you realize that at the core of him, yeah, there might be some really great guy.

This was my first book by Jaymin Eve and I already know that it won't be my last because the next to books in the Secret Keepers Series will be mine as well and I'll definitely need the print versions of them either, so.... Considering the fact that I'm running out of space for new shelves, I'm not sure that it was a good idea to start reading these books especially when I think of all the other books that the author has already written...I guess I'll have to find that space after all because, well, this book was simply amazing!

★★

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).