Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie

Monday 11 June 2018

The Portrait of Lady Wycliff (The Lords of Eton #1) by Cheryl Bolen









Blurb: 

For the past decade Harry, the Earl of Wycliff, has worked feverishly to reclaim all that his father had lost. Only one item remains elusive: the Gainsborough portrait of his beloved mother. And the impossibly young, stunningly beautiful widow Louisa Phillips holds the key to finding it. If only he can persuade her to help him . . .


I've read and loved a couple of books by Cheryl Bolen up to now but somehow I couldn't get into this one. I started it, put it away, restarted, ...it went on and on and when I read it, it felt like it went on for ages.
I can't even say why I couldn't get into it but somehow neither the characters nor the story got me.

Sure, I understood that Harry, Lord Wycliff wanted to buy back everything that his father had lost and that it was in Louisa's interest to help him find the owner of the estate but I couldn't feel it. Okay, sure, Louisa's need was obvious as she needed the money to live after having been left with nothing when her husband died.

The pace was rather slow and even though there were times when a lot happened and things got messy and adventurous - somehow it still felt rather slow.
This book and I were not meant to be, I might try to read it again though and I'll definitely read other books by the author because I know that I loved the other books by her that I've read.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://cupofteaandbook.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).